Players’ Code of Conduct
1. I will listen to and be respectful of all coaches, teammates, parents, and officials at all times. I understand that THERE WILL BE ZERO TOLERANCE FOR ANY DISRESPECTFUL TALK OR ACTIONS!
2. I understand that school comes before basketball. Completing all schoolwork and behaving properly in school is expected of all players. If you are not doing what you are supposed to in school you will not play.
3. I am expected to attend all practices and games or if I am unable to attend I will contact the coach or team administrator to let them know why. If no one is notified it will be considered an unexcused absence and could result in the loss of playing time.
4. I am expected to arrive at all practices prepared and ready to practice. Being on time to practice means starting practice at the designated start time, not just walking in the door or getting ready. If I am unable to make it to practice on time I will contact the coach or team administrator as to why. If no one is notified this will be considered an unexcused tardy and could result in the loss of playing time.
5. I will arrive to games or meeting places for out of town tournaments at the time designated by the coach. Late arrival could result in the loss of playing time or being left behind on out of town tournaments.
6. I will always give 100% and try to carry out all requests by the coaches to the best of my ability. I understand that giving anything less than my best at all times cheats my team as well as me, and that is unacceptable.
7. I understand that skills must be worked on at home as well as at practice so I will devote less time to watching TV and playing video games and instead, work on my game.
8. I will practice good health habits including getting eight or more hours of sleep when possible, eating breakfast, eating healthy foods, drinking plenty of water every day, limiting my intake of soda, and abstaining from all alcohol, illegal drugs, and tobacco products.
9. I understand that game sneakers and uniforms are only to be worn to PRACTICE AND GAMES. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Parents’ Code of Conduct
1. I pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for my child participating in youth sports by following this Parents’ Code of Conduct.
2. I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice, or other youth sports event.
3. I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of a personal desire to win.
4. I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
5. I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
6. I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
7. I will remember that the game is for youth, not for adults.
8. I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child.
9. I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed, or ability.
10. I promise to help my child enjoy the youth sports experience by doing whatever I can, such as being a respectable fan, assisting with coaching, or providing transportation.
11. I promise to inform the coaches and the organization if I have any problems or concerns instead of holding it in or speaking negatively to others about it. I will express these concerns professionally and in a private setting. I understand that public displays of displeasure reflect negatively on me as well as the organization.
12. I pledge my commitment to the success of the team by participating in and contributing to fundraisers, by volunteering at NC Runnin’ Rebels hosted tournaments as requested, and by ensuring my child attends scheduled practices and games, both local and out of town.
13. I will work with the coaches to ensure that my child is adhering to the items listed in the Players’ Code of Conduct.
North Carolina Runnin’ Rebels Inc.
Uniform Care/ Return Policy
North Carolina Runnin’ Rebels Inc.
Photo Release Form
I give permission for photos and/or images of my child, captured through video, photo, and digital camera, to be used in connection with North Carolina Runnin’ Rebels Inc. activities. I understand that all photos and videos will become the property of the North Carolina Runnin' Rebels Inc., and will not be used for commercial gain.
These recordings will be used in educational and promotional videos, presentations, CD-ROMs, newsletters, websites, etc. I further agree that any additional reproductions may be published and distributed to the general public.
We have implemented an Academic Achievement Plan as a guideline for our players to follow. This plan will be in place for all players who currently have less than a “C” average in any of their core classes. We have implemented this guideline to ensure that we all are responsible for carrying out our mission for housing some of the most successful student-athletes!
Each student-athlete and their parent(s) will be asked to attend a one on one meeting. During the meeting the AAP will be discussed. The student-athlete will agree to work towards the goals discussed in the plan and the athlete will get the opportunity to bring their grades up. If their grades have improved by the next interim report, the student-athlete will be able to continue to practice and participate in tournaments. If the interim report shows no signs of improvement, the student-athlete will not be able to participate in practice or any tournaments until their next report card grades are reviewed. If the student-athlete and/or parent refuse to attend the initial AAP meeting, they will be informed that their child will not be able to participate in practice or any tournaments until the review of their next interim report grades.